Expressions of interest are open for our eight-week course in Radiocraft for Arts & Music Broadcasting.
Time and Dates: Thursdays, 6:00-8:00pm. Eight consecutive weeks from Thursday 29 August 2019.
Location: ArtSound Studios, Manuka Arts Centre, corner of NSW Crescent & Manuka Circle, Griffith, ACT 2603.
Cost: $480 per person for eight 2-hour sessions. There are a limited number of concession places at $240. To be eligible for concession, you must hold a Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card, a Centrelink Health Care Card, or a valid Student Card from a tertiary institution.
Trainers: Louise Maher, Mark Shepheard, Christian Huff-Johnston.
- ArtSound and the Broadcast Landscape
- Voice and Spoken Content
- Radio as a Technical Medium
- Building a Program
- The Art of the Interview
- The Practice of the Interview
- The Radio Package
- Your Radio Future.
At the end of the course, selected candidates will be invited to continue with ArtSound FM as radio contributors.
- Complete the application form (see below).
- Provide a recording of your own voice reading this 30-second script (download ArtSound Radiocraft Script).
- Explain in a separate audio recording why you would like to take part in this course and briefly outline your engagement with the arts and music (no more than two minutes).
- Upload your two audio recordings via the application form. The recordings can be made with any devices you have available and should be uploaded as MP3 files.