We’ve reduced the prices on all items in our Redbubble store to assist with fundraising for the station. You can choose from t-shirts, mugs, clocks, cushions, tote bags and more – a percentage of all purchases goes to assisting ArtSound FM. We’ve also added a
darker version for use on lighter coloured items and a brighter monochrome version for a cleaner look on black. Check them out in our Redbubble store now!
Hot, Sweet & Jazzy is a new regular weekly music program from the studios of The Pulse, Geelong, in which presenters happily share their enthusiasm with listeners.
The program has a rotating line-up of six jazz aficionados playing tunes from across and near the genre.
Hear enthusiastic and well-informed chat about the music in a relaxed, inviting and friendly atmosphere. There’s plenty of music as well, especially jazz for enjoyable listening, including traditional, mainstream, contemporary and everything in-between, from America, Australia, Europe and elsewhere. The team also showcase rare recordings to surprise and entertain even the most knowledgeable jazz listeners.
Your hosts of Hot, Sweet & Jazzy :
- Peter Milley: trumpeter and leader of the Cairo Club Orchestra; record collector, especially of 78s; supplied period recordings for the soundtrack to the Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries series; guesting on radio for 30 years.
- Peter Fogarty: music lover; singer in jazz bands; presenter at The Pulse for 14 years and formerly at 3CR.
- Ian Coots: former professional drummer for over 25 years; record collector; broadcaster at WYN and The Pulse for 6 years.
- Ken Hirst: Former bass player with Jazz and Blues bands over the last 40 years; founder & leader of his own Neo Swing Band – Swing It!!; broadcaster at WYN FM for 3 years.
- Ross Williamson: music lover; presenter at The Pulse since 1987.
- John Thompson: student of jazz and of its roots; wrote the country blues column for the Victorian Jazz Club for 17 years and has lectured on the subject; record collector; former jazz broadcaster on 3CS and currently on 3CR and The Pulse.
For further information, https://www.cbaa.org.au/article/hot-sweet-jazzy
Much-loved show featuring a cavalcade of the best brass, military, pipe and concert bands from around the world, playing the best and widest selections from the band repertoire, as well as listener requests.
A treasure trove of swing, jazz & dance from live 1920s-60s radio & TV presented by Greg Poppleton, 1920s-30s style dance band singer and band leader. Includes Australian, UK, US and non-English language swing orchestras, vocalists, society bands, bop, trad, blues, cool, jive as well as the occasional hillbilly, western swing and early rock ‘n’ roll live radio material.
Easy listening for night owls.