Hot, Sweet & Jazzy is a new regular weekly music program from the studios of The Pulse, Geelong, in which presenters happily share their enthusiasm with listeners.
The program has a rotating line-up of six jazz aficionados playing tunes from across and near the genre.
Hear enthusiastic and well-informed chat about the music in a relaxed, inviting and friendly atmosphere. There’s plenty of music as well, especially jazz for enjoyable listening, including traditional, mainstream, contemporary and everything in-between, from America, Australia, Europe and elsewhere. The team also showcase rare recordings to surprise and entertain even the most knowledgeable jazz listeners.
Your hosts of Hot, Sweet & Jazzy :
- Peter Milley: trumpeter and leader of the Cairo Club Orchestra; record collector, especially of 78s; supplied period recordings for the soundtrack to the Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries series; guesting on radio for 30 years.
- Peter Fogarty: music lover; singer in jazz bands; presenter at The Pulse for 14 years and formerly at 3CR.
- Ian Coots: former professional drummer for over 25 years; record collector; broadcaster at WYN and The Pulse for 6 years.
- Ken Hirst: Former bass player with Jazz and Blues bands over the last 40 years; founder & leader of his own Neo Swing Band – Swing It!!; broadcaster at WYN FM for 3 years.
- Ross Williamson: music lover; presenter at The Pulse since 1987.
- John Thompson: student of jazz and of its roots; wrote the country blues column for the Victorian Jazz Club for 17 years and has lectured on the subject; record collector; former jazz broadcaster on 3CS and currently on 3CR and The Pulse.
For further information, https://www.cbaa.org.au/article/hot-sweet-jazzy
Much-loved show featuring a cavalcade of the best brass, military, pipe and concert bands from around the world, playing the best and widest selections from the band repertoire, as well as listener requests.