Hot, Sweet & Jazzy is a new regular weekly music program from the studios of The Pulse, Geelong, in which presenters happily share their enthusiasm with listeners. Program details are on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1210024472416552/
The program has a rotating line-up of six jazz aficionados playing tunes from across and near the genre.
Hear enthusiastic and well-informed chat about the music in a relaxed, inviting and friendly atmosphere. There’s plenty of music as well, especially jazz for enjoyable listening, including traditional, mainstream, contemporary and everything in-between, from America, Australia, Europe and elsewhere. The team also showcase rare recordings to surprise and entertain even the most knowledgeable jazz listeners.
Your hosts of Hot, Sweet & Jazzy :
- Peter Milley: trumpeter and leader of the Cairo Club Orchestra; record collector, especially of 78s; supplied period recordings for the soundtrack to the Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries series; guesting on radio for 30 years.
- Peter Fogarty: music lover; singer in jazz bands; presenter at The Pulse for 14 years and formerly at 3CR.
- Ian Coots: former professional drummer for over 25 years; record collector; broadcaster at WYN and The Pulse for 6 years.
- Ken Hirst: Former bass player with Jazz and Blues bands over the last 40 years; founder & leader of his own Neo Swing Band – Swing It!!; broadcaster at WYN FM for 3 years.
- Ross Williamson: music lover; presenter at The Pulse since 1987.
- John Thompson: student of jazz and of its roots; wrote the country blues column for the Victorian Jazz Club for 17 years and has lectured on the subject; record collector; former jazz broadcaster on 3CS and currently on 3CR and The Pulse.
For further information, https://www.cbaa.org.au/article/hot-sweet-jazzy
The very best of big band swing music ever – includes special features on swing groups and artists.
Take a trip to Lexington, Kentucky for all your blues and roots and folk needs. For more info visit the website: www.woodsongs.com
Live recordings of the world’s music stars performing in Germany’s palaces, churches & concert halls, conveying the full immediacy and festivity of these renowned musical events. If you can’t fly to Germany for the music festival season, we’ll bring it to you! Visit the DW website for more information.
A treasure trove of swing, jazz & dance from live 1920s-60s radio & TV presented by Greg Poppleton, 1920s-30s style dance band singer and band leader. Includes Australian, UK, US and non-English language swing orchestras, vocalists, society bands, bop, trad, blues, cool, jive as well as the occasional hillbilly, western swing and early rock ‘n’ roll live radio material.
Highlights from this year’s Canberra International Music Festival—Tim Lamble recorded 18 concerts, most of them at the Fitters’ Workshop. This program is a taster but you can hear whole concerts over the coming months.
Canberra International Music Festival http://www.cimf.org.au/
Concert Hall is repeated on Wednesdays at 1.30pm